Rotolo Di Frittata
December 1, 2017
- 6 eggs whisked
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Grana Padano cheese
- 1/3 cup Fontina cheese
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- chopped garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tbsps dried thyme
- 2 tbsps dried oregano
- Grease a 9x12 baking pan with butter, line with parchment paper, grease paper.
- Whisk 6 eggs, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese.
- Pour into baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan with use of parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Wash and cut 2 zucchinis into thin coins, toss with 1/4 cup olive oil and roast 20 minutes. Once it is cool, toss in 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tsp chopped garlic, and salt to taste.
- Wash and slice 4-5 tomatoes into wedges, toss with 1/2 cup olive oil, 2 tbsp dried thyme, 2 tbsp dried oregano, 1 tbsp chopped garlic and roast for 30 to 40 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Chop together the cooled zucchini and tomatoes and spread over the frittata, spread a layer of shredded cheese (1/3 cup Grana Padono and 1/3 cup fontina).
- Roll the frittata on the long side and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- When ready to serve, slice into pinwheels and warm in oven to melt the cheese.